This role supports the Chief Accountant with the end-to-end accounting process across the operation;
including month and year end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting
processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies.
Reports to: Chief Accountant
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirement,
- Maintain internal controls, safeguard and coordinate all audit activities, Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning and conservation of company’s assets,
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs,
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance the company’s cash positions.
- Safeguarding of the company’s assets i.e. cheque books and other financial documents, fixed asset register and ensuring that they are adequately covered by appropriate insurance covers,
- Ensuring total compliance with the regulatory requirements particularly on matters regarding establishing efficient fiscal structures and filing of tax returns including NHIF and NSSF returns as well as ensuring these are done on schedule and that records are kept well to avoid any non-conformity and non-compliance
- Preparing and presenting monthly reports for further analysis. This will entail but not limited to bank reconciliations, monthly financial reports, quarterly BOD reports and internal and external audit reports.
- Providing variance analysis from budget & forecast, identifying any value adding opportunities for trend analysis and commentary to assist forecasting and budgetary requirements,
- Lead in the documentation of all financial books and records and also review, maintain, and reconcile general ledgers and sub ledgers in the financial information system,
- Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting of all business.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce or Business related course
- A qualified accountant (CPA (K))
- At least 5 years’ working experience as an accountant in a busy organization.
- Knowledge in both accounts receivables and payables will be an added advantage
- Excellent Excel & MS Office computing skills
- Be a person who is honest, trust worthy with high integrity.
- Experience in maintaining books using ERP systems.
- Have analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A strong personality with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The candidate should be aged between 28 – 35 years.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a
detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com on or before 16th August, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted